The CommuteSmart program began in Birmingham, Alabama as a solution to growing traffic congestion. As an alternative to a single occupied vehicle, the program provides commuters with the tools for ridematching and starting carpools.
Our Commuter Services includes
- Online Ridematching System to locate potential rideshare partners.
- Transit Information
- Cost Calculator that allows a commuter to determine the exact cost of commuting and how much can be saved.
- FREE Emergency Ride Home for commuters who rideshare at least three days per week.
- Transportation Events
- Outreach events customized for your worksite. Information services and hands-on commuter assistance programs to meet your employees’ individual needs.
- Carpool matching and transit information.
- Posters, envelope stuffers, email messages provided to your company to help with promotions.
- Survey of employees’ transportation needs to help you understand their needs can be done.
Advantages to your company:
- Enhanced Employee Recruitment and Retention
- Reduced Need for Parking
- Improved Accessibility to Worksite
- Increased Productivity
- Improved Public Reputation/Image
- Improved Environment
To register for ridematching, please visit our website: www.commutesmart.org
Or you can download and print the form and return it to us.
Fax: (251) 433-6009
Mail: South Alabama Regional Planning Commission
Attn: Transportation Planner
P.O. Box 1665
Mobile, AL 36633